ODTÜ TEKNOKENT started clustering activities by bringing the power of high-level and high-capacity R&D companies operating in the scope of informatics and telecommunications together, and established ODTÜ TEKNOKENT Information and Telecommunication Cluster – T.ICT in 2014. T.ICT is acting as an umbrella organization for the more than 200 ICT companies who are located in ODTÜ TEKNOKENT.
T.ICT consists of companies of different sizes operating in a wide variety of fields like corporate software, cyber security , smart systems, gaming , health care, Internet of things, artificial intelligence, geographic information systems, e-learning, mobile applications, language processing, big data, simulation, image processing , telecommunication and education.
In 2018, ODTÜ TEKNOKENT Digital Transformation Cluster/Platform was founded to specify the industry 4.0 and efficiency – oriented digital transformation needs of industrial organizations and develop mutual solutions of these needs.
Objectives targeted by clustering activities are listed below :
- Product/business development of cluster companies included in the program is maintained by making companies know each other closely
- Developing effective cooperation on issues such as opening global markets, building up investor relations, meeting training/ consultancy
- Promoting companies’ portfolio to domestic and foreign markets
- Increasing the capacity of companies in subjects such as technical & managerial skills and trading abilities
- Taking initiatives together in order to make the necessary regulations regarding the issues that create a bottleneck in the sector.
For these purposes, activities that will not be limited and following activities that are listed below will be carried out:
- Specifying the complementary abilities and competencies of cluster members, bringing them together in a planned manner, conducting joint business / project development activities
- Supporting cluster companies’ opening to global markets and export-oriented activities with various programs to be organized
- Creating new platforms for university- industry collaboration between the university and the cluster portfolio, especially with ODTÜ
- Experience sharing with workshops will be organized among companies that have reached a sustainable sales volume or have export experience, companies with developed investor relations, and establishing business /product development platforms together
- Coordinating national and international publicity days, trade delegation and procurement delegation activities, workshops and similar events that can be held with global technology companies, non-governmental organizations and public institutions that may be related.
- Developing curriculums, preferably internationally certified, for capacity building in subjects such as technical, administrative and trading abilities
- Providing consultancy and other services for increasing in the capacity of technical, administrative and trading abilities
- Providing consultancy and other services for capacity building in subjects such as technical, managerial skills, commercial development
- Making high-level initiatives in the presence of public institutions in order to make the necessary regulations regarding the issues that create a bottleneck in the sector.
For these purposes, within the scope of UR-GE and HİSER projects initiated with the support of the Ministry of Trade; various activities such as training / consultancy services, commercial procurement committees, country visits, sectoral trade delegations, fair participation and market research are carried out.